Re: [at-l] question

Lynn Setzer wrote:

> People say there's no question too dumb to ask, so here goes.  Ya'll can
> snicker all you want.
>
> Has anybody out there ever tried using dog and cat products to ward off ticks?
>
> Some of my vet friends have indicated that often pet medicine is very
> similar to human medicine, and in the case of this question, my vet buddy
> said that the package had the disclaimers against human use, probably
> because the stuff hadn't been tested on people yet.
[clip]

One of the guys I camp with regularly wears a flea and tick collar around one
ankle. He wears it over his sock, above his boots. He wore it next to his skin
once and it caused a rash.  I think it's mostly permetherin (sp) anyway.

He's never had a tick dig in, but then neithr have I :).

-Paddler (305 days and counting)