Re: [at-l] Basic questions (fwd)

>Wilbur Chocolate Factory in Lititz Pennsylvania used to (dunno now) make
>chocolate
>discs for the military that had a low cocoa-butter content and had toffee
>pieces in
>them, they worked well for me in Pa. summer hikes. They sold them at their
>outlet
>store that is (still) a part of their factory in Lititz.
>
>Tom

Oh, man, that brings back memories. Finding those little packages of
'chocolate' in the bottom of the C-ration box. The stuff is, objectively at
least, pretty nasty -- it has a hard, waxy texture and not much cocoa
flavor. But hey, it's chocolate, and it *never* melts, and when you've been
in the woods 'backpacking' with the Big Green Machine for a while it was a
nice treat. Anybody wanna trade for a can of peanut putter? (Also found in
C-rations, in little tiny cans, and it had invariably separated, so you had
to try to mix the oil back in. What a mess. Yuck.)

I can't decide if these are good memories, or bad memories <grin>.

Ken