Re: [at-l] What goes?

At 11:55 AM 5/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/10/98 7:35:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>dbruce@buncombe.main.nc.us writes:
>
><< I just had a visit from a 1998 thru-hiker who was
> rather bummed out by a shelter register entry left
> by an AT-L regular which, as the thru-hiker himself
> described it, was "a verbal attack" on Trailplace,
> ATML, and me. >>

>separate issues:  censorship and criticism/attacks of Wingfoot.
>

>When I was thru-hiking, I always viewed the trail registers
>as a really cool restroom wall stall.  Most of the entries are
>way better than what you see on a restroom wall stall.  But like a
>restroom wall stall, pretty much anything goes. There's some potty
>mouth, and there's some personal attacks, but I was pretty hard up
>for reading material, so even ranting and raving was pretty
>interesting :-) The good far outweighed the bad.

Still a register is no place for that kind of ranting and raving. It's
lambasting (sp?) someone behind their backs when they are not available to
defend themselves of the accusations. Rather cowardly in my opinion.

                           Daryl Cline WB4YEX
                            Harrisonburg, Va.
                  Web page: <http://www.cfw.com/~clines>
   Outdoor pictures:  <http://www.cfw.com/~clines/outdoors> UPDATED 4/28/98