[at-l] What goes?

I just had a visit from a 1998 thru-hiker who was
rather bummed out by a shelter register entry left
by an AT-L regular which, as the thru-hiker himself
described it, was "a verbal attack" on Trailplace,
ATML, and me. This thru-hiker then asked what kind
of people were on AT-L and members of ALDHA (the two
groups in which the writer indicated membership at
the beginning of his register entry). I assured him
that I thought neither group would approve of posting
such negative sentiments in a shelter register about
anyone, including me, but I must admit that I was
just guessing. Is it okay to bash someone in a Trail
register? Just okay to bash me? I've gone to great
lengths not to criticize other AT webpages, mailing
lists, home pages, etc., so I find the attitude of
this AT-L/ALDHA member a bit suprising. You can email
me privately if you do not wish to clutter the list
with your comments on this subject. Thanks.--WF