[at-l] Tyvek leakage under the Trail Conditions ?

Thnaks for the info Terry,

At 3:08 AM -0400 5/10/98, talford@juno.com wrote:
>To everyone:
>
>...  I also found a site that sells Tyvek jackets, fanny packs, etc. (see URL
>http://www.lesliejordan.com/).

That site http://www.lesliejordan.com/details.html tells you Tyvek is water
repellant not waterproof and implies if you in the rain for 1 hour you
won't get wet.

To the at-L ers who may have experience on the trail with Tyvek ( I understand
there are different types of weave, etc...)

Have their been success stories on the trail?

1. If one is in a rainstorm or laying on wet ground is this stuff water
leakage a problem?

2. Has anyone had water leakage problems with Tyvek in heavy rains?

3. Does the "plastic" hold up to high sun UV levels above 8,000 ft or

4. become brittle in freezing ( below 32 *F ) cold weather?

Any answers appreciated.

thanks, Tom