Re: [Fwd: [at-l] Whisperlite, black flyz, etc.]

>> My experience with msr stoves has not been quite as positive.  You
>get no heat adjustment.   Also while they look very simple, and they
are, they
>are very finickey, so don't try to fix your stove on the trail because
it
>will never work quite right again.  I also had an older whisperlite that
could be
>part of it.

Eric, I have had no problems after "field repairs." I have found that
washing the stove parts in white gas removes the carbon build up. I think
the build up is what causes the few problems. For my money, the
Whisperlite is a great backpacking stove. I feel that with occasional
cleaning and a willingness to eat one-pot meals, it is very hard to beat.
 Hopeful