Re: [at-l] Myth vs. Reality about Hiking Alone

>Excellent, Mary!
>
>Hey Solar Bear - did you see how she uses her books? *Good* tactics... and
>much less likely to get one in trouble than the S&W or Colt alternative...
>
>Hoisting my new, dual-use copy of "Walking with Spring" -
>Walk Smartly -
>Kurt
>Ga>Me...ASAP (99 or 00) :)

Nah, Kurt, 'Walking with Spring' is way too wimpy to use as a
mugger-buster. You need The Complete Walker, at least. Just drop it on his
foot and run, and remember to thank Colin Fletcher for your escape.

(And I am in no way trying to make light of Mary's serious post -- I'm just
making fun of Kurt, which is permissible under the AT-L charter.)

Cheers,

Ken