Fwd: [at-l] stephansons

In a message dated 98-05-06 11:04:46 EDT, raven@gwu.edu writes:

> after much searching for a mushy mattress pad, i am going
>  with a stephansons DAM. it's an air matt that has down instead of

anyone, with any experience with this mattress? jim

-- BEGIN included message

YAY! it's wacky nutty i'm going to buy fun gear season! :)

I am going to go nuts here. do the chant with me: stephansons!
stephansons!

yes, i think i might go overboard and get the tent. I know rachel
solophile used one last year on the AT, but does anyone else here have
one? Comments, suggestions? I just got the catalog (check out those
buns!) and and really quite impressed with the care they put into the
construction of their tents. I also really appreciate the fact that you
can choose which options you want, and even pick the color. For the
record, I'll probably get the 2R with the side windows and lots of wacky
colors (when's the last time you saw a purple, lime green and black
tent?).

This tent kicks all my other tents' collective butts. Not only is it
long enough for my 6'4" boyfriend, but you can sit up in it, it only
requires 3 stakes, and it weighs a whopping 2.75#. Yippee! But i still
have ALOT of saving to do before i can get it. I was considering a bivy,
but after doing some reading, i want this tent soooo bad. :)

Incidentally, after much searching for a mushy mattress pad, i am going
with a stephansons DAM. it's an air matt that has down instead of
foam... 3-4 inches thick and only 1.5#. hahahah. and to think i was
seriously considering a thermarest nasty 4# monster that's only about
$20 cheaper. ahahahah.

back to your regularly scheduled (non-wacko) program.

-diana
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists
*

-- END included message