Re: [at-l] Water treatment

Tim Hewitt wrote:

>I have not tried the gel-alcohol stuff yet but that sounds
>attractive.

My wife carries an alcohol-based "hand sanitizer" called
Purell, which isn't exactly a gel; it has more of a maple
syrup consistancy. She says that it is a little hard on
the hands, but works quite well.

>I use the same stuff in the woods that I use at home - I think
>it's Dial brand - and a little bit goes a long way.

I carried something similar in my pack for a long time.

With all of the different brands out there, it might pay
to examine the labels for content. I suspect that, as
with moist towelettes, not all anti-bacterial soaps use
the same active ingredients at the same concentrations.
I'm willing to bet that hopsitals use high-test versions
of commercial soap.

>The only thing I make sure of, and this is with Scouts as well
>as Scouters and myself, is that the rinsing takes place well
>away from any water source.

Good idea.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->