[at-l] Fwd: Another ATML?

Just one man's opinion
   Further sub-setting of the on-line AT community wouldn't be in MY best
interest. I'm getting a 6 month l.o.a. next spring and might attempt a thru-
hike.(AT99) I have 2 teenagers.(ATteens) One's a female(WATML). I subscribe to
ATML and at-l.That'll be 5 different lists!! (maybe 6, cause I might take a
dog part-time).I feel that one time thru-hikers have a vastly different
experience than the I've-loved-my-local-strech-of-the-AT-for 30-years-
heavypackers (TJ you know who you are <g>). But I want to hear what each has
to say. I enjoy the ultra-light threads, the humour, and the metaphysical...
what's wrong with varied topics? Will I need 10 subscriptions? Will I need to
I consider each time I post what list(s) will find my questions pertinent?
Will I find answers to questions on a new-thru-hikers-only list that will be
'more informed' than answers from a single list populated by AT-heads of all
flavours? I know a little bit about backpacking, what if I have input to a
topic I'm frozen out of because I 'don't belong' on a certain list?
 Kat
[ waiting to subscribe to a My-Teenaged-Girl-Wants-to-Thru-Hike-And-I'll-Kill-
Anyone-Who-Messes-With-Her list ]

-- BEGIN included message

[...]

-- END included message