[at-l] forwarded for Ron and Cheryl

Subject: Pearisburg VA
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 10:07:30 PDT

Hi Everyone,
Well we made it to Pearisburg, VA! At least I did (Ron). Cheryl is still
hiking between Bland VA and Pearisburg.  ???  Well see its like this....
I (Ron) got a cold in all this W-E-T weather and am heavily congested
and unable to hike for any distance. So, as I had done in the Smokies,
Cheryl is carrying the torch to Pearisburg. I am waiting at the Family
Host Hospice until her arrival sometime tomorrow. She was all excited to
continue and will be with two other hikers we have made friends with,
Hickory and Duncannon. She will fine and she is excited to continue on
her own so to speak. I am anxious to see her again and expect that we
shall both be continuing north very soon. Other than a stuffy head and
congested lungs I am doing fine. Cheryl's knee and poison ivy/oak
problems are in the past and we have been able to make excellent
progress (until I wore out).
The weather has everyone a little depressed but so far all the hikers
are grinning and bearing it. It's just one of the obstacles out here.
Soon we will all be cursing the hot weather and wish for rain!

Still having a great time, and dont expect to be home till late,
(september that is, maybe even October if we are lucky)

Remembering that the journey IS the destination.

Happy Trails,
Ron & Cheryl

    Solemates
Appalachian Trail '98
   Georgia to Maine

Solemates Home Page:

Our Trail Journal - Available after March 1, 1998
http://trailplace.com/c98journals/225gaudreau/index.html

Other "Class of '98" Trail Journals:
http://trailplace.com/c98journals/anniversary.html