Re: [at-l] Shuttle Help...

Bryan Fakes wrote:
Hey All -

Anyone have a shuttle service to recommend in TN/NC?  I'm wanting to do a
dayhike without retracing my steps to my car (my usual modus operandi).  So
I need a shuttle to follow me to my ending point where I'll leave my car
(Devil's Fork Gap), and then take me to the start (Sam's Gap).

Anyone had a good experience with a shuttle provider?

Bryan,

I'm posting this to the entire list because I had such a good experience with a shuttle provider last week. Smilin Bob and I completed a hike from Wallace Gap to Fontana Dam. We left our car at Fontana and were shuttled to Wallace. Charlie Watts, who lives just south of Fontana in the Yellow Creek Mountains drove us and not only provided a safe, reasonably-priced shuttle but he also regaled us with mountain and trail lore as well as excellent conversation along the way. The time flew! I will definitely use him again and highly recommend his services.

Charlie is listed in Wingfoot's book and on his website. The ATC also has his phone number and address. Email me privately if you can't find them.

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com