Re: [at-l] Is Roan Mtn. Safe?

In a message dated 98-05-04 18:31:16 EDT, rpbowles@midway.uchicago.edu writes:

<< Onw thru-hiker last year was bitten during the half mile
 roadwalk in this area, where there are about 10 dogs loose and at least
 another ten chained up (including the nastiest Rottweiler I've ever seen). >>

As a guy, that likes to think on the bright side (atleast I think I do), I
never did run into a dog in this section that wasn't tied up ( I'm sure i
remember the rotty, that was)
I do remember a house that had an ATC symbol on their side, certainly helped
get me though this potenially hazardous area.  Bottom line, you gotta suck it
up, be your best, to get thru difficult times.

The AT ain't all roses,  Sly