Re: [at-l] Why at-l and atml?

Ryan K. Brooks wrote:
If it makes more sense (and causes less confusion) I will take down the AT-L.    I

Don't you dare!!!!!!!  One of these days, ATML will get sick of my
big mouth and I'll have no one to bug.
Seriously, you know that some people have made a choice for AT-L.
And choice is an_excellent_thing.

The following is said with full knowledge that WF subscribes to this list.
There are rules on TP about not questioning people's motive's and to
stay off personal attacks.  Even though, in recent days, people have
questioned others motives and made attacks, but the person in question
is not on the list so I guess it's OK. Wingfoot establishes the rules and enforces
them as he sees fit.  That is his choice and a valid one.  But over the months,
I have seen many posts referring to various subjects containing the phrase,
"I'll probably get kicked off for this" or something to that effect.....
mostly as a joke.  But I have received far more private mail which
expresses the same sentiment seriously.  People warning me that I'm
"gonna get the boot"....notes that start out with, "I'd never post this to the
list but" or "I never post here on ATML but"... and then share their
opinions with me.  This is not good.  They should not be afraid to
speak their minds.

In a recent ATML discussion, people wrote to say that WF was just
one of many voices on ATML.  I don't agree.  Wingfoot sees his
mission, his life, for that matter, as his best efforts to protect the Trail
and his vision of it.  He is _very_ devoted to that mission.  He uses
the ATML list to that aim.  He expresses and hones the policies he
will promote.  He is a kind of lightening rod for all our opinions.
That makes him different...on ATML.  On AT-L, he truely
is just one of many.

None of the above is bad as long as there is also a place run by
people who have no rules and no special agenda as an alternate
forum.  And for general information,  most of what I've said here
I have shared with WF privately.  We do not hate each other.
We just disagree about some stuff.  Sometimes we agree.
We agreed just last week <<Grin>>.  And sometimes we even
make each other laugh!!

But one of these days, I'll lose my temper and blow it and get the boot.
If there is no AT-L, I'll go nuts.

And yes....all this_is_an evil plot on my part to make you all so sick
of seeing my name in your mailboxes that you will pray to whatever
gods you honor that my fractured Jones heals in record time and I
can go for a hike and get out of your hair!!!!  <<VVVBG>>