[at-l] Why at-l and atml?

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but why do we have two mailing
lists to talk about the same "stuff?"  I know that Wingfoot runs one and Ryan
runs the other, but don't they serve the same purpose?

How many of us are on both lists?

How many of us are not?

Doesn't it make sense to combine these lists into one AT Discussion list?

Many of us automatically post new messages to both lists, thus causing most of
the answers to also be cross-posted (I delete duplicates now before digging
through them).

Any historical perspectives would be interesting.

-Paddler (ok, I know you are waiting for this.......  315 days and counting :)