Re: [at-l] Night hiking?

At 04:45 AM 5/2/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< Not too often and only idiots who fall down rock slides and tear knee
> ligiments and crack bones in thier arm by moon light.   :-) >>
>
>Ha ha ha.  Speaking of injuries, what kind of first aid kit do you carry?
>
>Patty

I got one of those small draw string "ditty"  (I hate that word) bags at
the local outfitters store. I usually carry lots of bandaids. The 3M foam
active strips. I like them best because they are soft and plyable and they
stick even when wet. I carry moleskin and small folding sizzors,
Providone-iodide, a few small guase pads, some cloth first aid tape, a few
butterfly patches, tweezers, first aid/burn cream, a few tylanol and a few
darvon. I carry nothing in large quantities accept the band aids. Blisters
ya know. I carry larger amounts, by larger I mean maybe 15 or twenty,
because it seems noone else carrys enough and has to borrow so I bring
enough for whowever I meet that needs one. I discovered many years ago that
if I only carried enough for myself I would come up short as I cant say no
to someone if they need something. Besides they are light. Ya know I have
been thinking about trying to lighten them though by cutting holes in them
and trimming them down thinner .............. :-)

                           Daryl Cline WB4YEX
                            Harrisonburg, Va.
                  Web page: <http://www.cfw.com/~clines>
   Outdoor pictures:  <http://www.cfw.com/~clines/outdoors> UPDATED 4/28/98