[at-l] Night hiking?

While reading all the posts about lighting, I noticed one person said he clips
light to his hat while night hiking.  Now, once in awhile I have what I refer
to as 'the night creepies'.  This occurs on nights when every little familiar
sound becomes hoards of mad rapists/burglers outside my bedroom window.  Over
the years I have learned to deal with it.  (Like two very large dogs and two
very big guns.)  But I'm afraid I will have to leave my dogs at
home...(snakes...) and guns are too heavy.  So are there lots of hikers
crashing through the woods during the night?

Patty