[at-l] A HELLO & A QUESTION

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Upstate South Carolina.

I just found this list over the weekend and have enjoyed my first week of
reading.

My daughter will graduate from high school with the  class of 2000 and we
are planning our thru-hike for 2001(which right now seems VERY far
away!).  We will also probably be moving back  to our REAL home of NH at
that same time, so while my husband and son pack up the house and drive,
Jess and I will "walk home"!!

O.K. with the introduction done I have a question...

A couple of weeks ago I was hiking and birding in NC with friends. We did
a 6 mile AT section between Max Patch and Lemon Gap.  While hiking I met
a young married couple  thru-hiking. The girl and I hiked together for a
half mile or so  while I blasted her with questions. We parted when  she
met up with her husband and they headed for the shelter at Lemon Gap to
nurse his blistering feet.  I headed for the van and back to the dreaded
city.

At the time I figured I would never see her again so I didn't think  to
get her name/trail name.  Now that  I have found the list I am wondering
if anyone might know them or if they sound familiar  to anyone.  I would
love to keep track of their progress, etc.  I think  they are from
Georgia . I remember her saying they both left desk jobs and started
their hike on 1 March.

So did I just describe half the people on the  trail or do I stand a
chance of actually finding these folks??!!

Dee