RE: [at-l] Why not a Mouse-proof Container?

[clip]
> Anybody have any ideas for a lightweight "mouse-proof" container?  I was
> thinking of something similar to the bear-proof containers.  To be
> mouse-proof, though, it seems to me that a lightweight, aluminum cyllinder
> would be sufficient.  Any ideas out there where I can find such a device?

<<What about those thim plastic wide-mouth containers you can buy things
like
pretzels in at bulk-food stores like Sams, BJs, etc.  They are lightweight,
seem to be hard enough to deter mice.  I haven't actually weighed one, or
tried to fit my food into one, but it looks like a low-tech food barrel to
me.>>

Skygod (AT 97) used one of these 5lb pretzel plastic containers.  Apparently
it worked  very well as he was continuing to use it to well into VA and
possibly further.  I can't remember exactly where we had his goodbye
ceremony for his container though.  He had it strapped to the top of his
external frame pack.  He could just screw on the top and place his food on
the ground with no worries.

Fire Marshal