[at-l] Pack weight

Hi all,
Wow everyone has been very great welcoming me to the list.  Lot's of helpful
suggestions and encouragement.  Obviously I am in need of info about keeping
my pack weight down; I'll have a hard enough time dragging ME up the trail,
and the heaviest thing I've been able to lift so far is my grand daughter
Cassy. :)

On a light note...I figure I can never hike in NJ.  So far I would need Horse
shoes, to keep away the snakes...bells, (was that for bears or deer?)  and
some orange clothes to keep hunters from shooting me.  Way too heavy!  So I'll
stick to Va for awhile.

I would like some more information about these Va bears.  I just saw that
movie "The Edge" and I can't run that fast yet.

Patty