[at-l] Boy Scouts & the history of the AT

I learned something very interesting in reading my newly acquired Rodale 2
volume "Hiking the Appalachian Trail."  The first chapter is a very definitive
history of the development of the Trail.  I was very surprised, but pleased,
to learn that Boy Scout Troops were involved right from the very beginning in
volunteering their efforts to build the Trail.  In light of how some of us
react so negatively to Scouts on the Trail, I think this information settles
for me their right to be there.  Of course, they still need to act responsibly
toward other hikers, but let's all acknowledge their right to be there.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear