[at-l] Re: beer can stove

Hi Charlie II,
In town I'm J.R. III and my son Ratboy, is J.R.IV, fascinating, huh?
Anyway about the stove. Mac asked about it also, this is more or less
what I sent him.

This may be little different, It's a large beer with a small one as fuel
holder. It gets more air than tuna stoves. I used a large (Fosters) beer
can, made 4 cuts about halfway down the sides and folded them inside the
can. Made a few holes (needs larger ones) and used a small 3
legged/pronged pot holder (Chase found it) on top. I used part or a
regular beer can to hold the fuel, it has a loop of folded can to ease
removal. I use a 4 cup alum. meas. cup as a pot, looking for a 3 cup
model. Small pots don't work as well, not enough air flow. I'm working a
new one with larger air holes and the pot holder will be part of the big
can, hope to finish it this weekend. The old one will boil a cup and half
of cold water in about 10 minuets with a foil wind screen. If I use a FD
meal, I pour that in and heat the other half cup while the meal's
"cooking". Then pour the rest in stir, wait a couple of minuets and eat.
Doesn't take as long as seems, maybe 15-20 minuets and the whole thing
weighs just 2 oz.( I know I said 1oz., that was just bait:-) If you want
know more just let me know. Oh yeah, it takes an oz. or so to cook a
meal.

woodelf