Re: [at-l] Fitness

> ...lost track of who asked the original question...
> >
> > >Question.  I try to walk two miles every day at lunch and as much as
> > >six miles a day on the weekend.  I try to keep my pace around 4 miles
> > >an hour.  On the trail on fairly level sections I usually manage 2.5
> > >- 3 miles an hour.  But hills kill me!!!

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's difficult to manage a ~3 mph
pace on the ups. The trick I discovered long ago was to drop back to a
maintainable pace for the ups where you don't have to constantly stop to
rest or catch your breath. It's OK to stop and admire the view ;-)

I sometimes drop back to 1 mph, even less, then burn up the downs. At the
end of the day your average will usually be pretty good.

To climb hills ... you must climb hills.

-Milt