Re: [at-l] how do you treat your water?

Treating water has produced a dilemma for me.  I am okay on the AT with the
iodine, but also enjoy backpacking the C&O canal.

There are no springs on the canal and it is watered by a pumping system that
requires 2 people to operate.  Advice I got from the ATC in Harpers Ferry is
that packing long distance on the canal solo has got to be done by filtering
water from the Potomac River.  This is an extremely unpleasant thought and I
really need the best purifier.  Any suggestions?

           choovers