Re: [at-l] Real Controversy

At 12:00 AM -0500 4/17/98, rdudley@po.father.com wrote:

>Actually skin so soft does not work!!!  I think there was a study in
>BackPacking a while back.  Of course no-see-ums are so small that
>they probably drown in SSS.  SSS has another use, you can use it as a
>bacon grease substitute to fry up your grits  :-)

Hey Bob,

guess what, SSS worked real well for me on the blackflies in Maine.  It
didn';t seem to repel them very muc in it before biting.  I got a ride with
a logger into Millinocket when I got off the Trail.  I asked him what he
used for clackflies.  His response:  Skin So Soft.  Maybe it won't work for
you but don't knock it uintil you try it - and I read the Consumer Report
and Backpacker studies also.  By the way, it didn't work at all on the
mosquitos.

Frank in Palm Bay