[at-l] Eggs and Cornmeal

To Bill Thornloe and others,

 In my Georgia household, we never kept anything but self-rising
   cornmeal and self-rising flour.  If something couldn't be made with
self-rising flour (by omitting the salt and baking powder from the
   recipe), we just didn't make it.... and, my mother makes excellent
   cornbread with just water and cornmeal fried up in an cast iron pan
. (round like a pancake)...the cornmeal has salt in it already
(because  it's self rising cornmeal)... and she prefers it WITHOUT egg
(she
says it makes it taste different and changes the texture)....
.

 "Georgian by birth, southern by the grace of God" - Lewis Grizzard