[at-l] Non-Official Trailfest Disclaimer <g>

Please print, sign, and bring a copy of the following with you if you plan
to attend Trailfest. This is *not* sanctioned by WF, Hot Springs, or any
other official delegate concerned with Trailfest. It may just be a good
idea<g>...
Peace.

In consideration of the fact that I, a subscribed member to mailing lists
concerning issues important and not-so-important to the Appalachian Trail,
have prior knowledge of issues which I know through pre-knowledge, having
been proven by electronic discussion on said lists to be controversial and
capable of causing discord and/or general hard feelings and/or
misunderstanding between myself and/or others subscribed to the
aforementioned mailing lists, hereby swear upon my life, my parents, and all
that is Holy to me, that I will not begin discussion of the following topics
while attending Trailfest, nor will I participate in discussions concerning
the following issues, and will act to stop any and all discussions
concerning the following issues, up to but not including the use of physical
violence to stop said discussions. The issues are:

- Cell phones, specifically their presence, use, and possible uses on and
along the Appalachian Trail corrridor.

- Guns, their presence, use, and possible use along said corridor.

- Trail Runners, their presence, philisophical and material impact on said
corridor.

- Relativity of various styles of hiking on the AT, specifically in regards
to the sense of "purity".

- Trail sex, its possibility, impact, and in some cases, its mere existence,
along said corridor.

Other topics which may be introduced, but *only* with extreme discretion and
care, are grits, hominy, beer, waterproof/breathable membranes, abuse of
trail Magic, campfires, poop tubes/poop-packing-out, shelter hogs, Boy
Scouts, freeze dried foods, filtering vs. non-filtering, computer-hacking
monkeys, tenting vs. tarping, preferred bug juices, and the presence of
humor on AT mailing lists.

As an attendee of Trailfest, I agree to the above conditions, said acceptanc
e releasing any and all other attendees of any claims I could possibly make:

- upon finding my pack rocked unmercifully for days in a row
- from being "volunteered" involuntarily to make early morning spider web
sweeps when camping with other members
- from suddenly finding myself swimming in the French Broad
- from being forced to give up my seat at Earl's talk and slide show
Saturday night to other, non-violating members
- and from any and all other friendly abuses said non-violating members
agree to present upon me for my indescretion.

Kurt