[at-l] pizza delivery (was: cell phones)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Gammara1 wrote:

> ah.. soo in your opinion ordering pizza for delivery to the shelter is
> definitely out?? !!

One of my inspirations to become a thru-hiker was meeting "Walkin'
Jim" Stoltz while backpacking near Lake Tahoe. He first passed me
while I was breaking camp in the morning and I saw him off and on
all day. Near Tinker's Knob, he ran into some day hikers out of Squaw
Valley that had a cell phone. Jim managed to borrow it to call his
friend in Truckee to remind him to bring along a pizza to meet Jim at
Donner Pass. I last saw Jim waiting by the side of the road at the
pass with a very expectant look on his face. :)

-Karl

PS. I heard from him about a year later and yes, he got his pizza.