[at-l] AT/VT Hike

Got news on Monday that AT trail conditons from Stratton Mountain North in
Vermont are very bad.  In a conversation with Green Mountain Club, sections of
the trail have so many blowdowns that if took all day to hike two miles.  GMC
expects that the trail will be at least passible in a month but will take most
of the season to become really cleared of all debrie from major Ice storm in
January.
	I had plans to hike with my students from Bennington Vermont North for 70
miles.  Well, we decided to hike in Massachusetts instead.  I am still working
on students to donate some trail maint. weekends before school closes in June.

								Art