Re: [at-l] Re: cell phones

You know, I am sorry that two of the people I respect most on the list
misunderstood me.  I am *not* advocating everyone carrying cel phones - (or
guns).  I just don't think that the people who choose to do so should be made
to feel that doing so is *wrong* or *useless*, as long as they are courteous
in their use around other hikers. I don't even own one. (although I do own a
gun, and no, I don't pack it when hiking)  We all carry different gear for
different reasons.  No one tells the person that spends hundreds of dollars on
a good warm sleeping bag that they are wrong, just because we get by with a
cheaper, lighter, less warm bag.  I am just saying, lets respect other peoples
opinions, instead of acting like the only opinion that is right is our own.

<<There are instances where a hand gun, used quickly, would have prevented
deaths on the AT. Should we all begin to carry them?--WF>>

RE: cell phones
If we use the 'saves lives' reason for having one, doesn't that mean that
everyone should always have one everywhere we go? -- Felix>>