[at-l] Phones (again).

A recent correspondent wrote:

I used to own a cell phone,  but don't any longer.  ...  When I had a
cell phone and was reachable 24
> hours a day,  I felt no better than a puppet whose strings were being
> manipulated by that DAMN phone.  .... I'll never again grant anyone the unqualified
> permission to enter my sanctuary at their whim.  No amount of money can
> substitute for the personal control I need to keep my sanity intact.

I think most of them have ONOFF switches!  We turn our house phone off
regularly!  (Sorry to everyone who may have tried to call).  The beauty
of telephones is that they are *SO EASY* to ignore, yet so useful when
you want them to be!!

v/s, Jim (NTNY)