[at-l] Pure Joy!

I'm a little embarrassed by admitting this,  because of my "Grinch" personae,
but let me tell y'all,  I am really pumped!  Santa came early this year to the
Solar Bear residence today in the form of the mailman,  who delivered (not
necessarily in order of preference):

1) My pair of Leki Super Makalu poles from the Outfitters at Harpers Ferry!

2) My 2 volume set "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" which I found using the
Internet after a recent thread about finding out of print hiking books.

3) The 25th Anniversary Edition "Backpacker" magazine.

That they all came today must be a favorable portent from the hiking gods.
Oh!  I am not worthy!!

I never would have gotten the first two items but for the unending stream of
useful information you great hikers share so thoughtfully with the rest of us.
There truly is no way to adequately repay your kindness.

As to the third item,  I ask you all to open your hymnals to page 59 for list
specific info.  First,  it warms ol' Solar Bear's heart to see the King in
"Backpacker."  I told him it was bound to happen.  The fact that they bungled
the note about his mistaken demise is beside the point.  Secondly,  the
picture above the King certainly fits my mind's eye picture of Felix!  What
about it,  Felix?  How much did they pay you to get all duded up in your thru-
hiking finery?  And where's the monkeys?

My only problem,  I may have to forego hiking this year because the two volume
set of books is over two thousand pages long!  Yikes!!!!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear