Re: [at-l] Trail Blazes and trail preferences

Amy Friends said:
"I would vote: discouraged.  Why else do you have waterproof boots? :)
Actually, it wears down more area to have alternate trails, which is
also your own thinking (from the rest of your post).  I'd rather limit
it to one location if possible."

In the case of watery sections, I would think elevated pathways would be
best.  A lot of work & money I know (Eagle Scout Project taught me that),
but helpful to hikers and the environment.  Though our boots are
waterproof, elevated walkways make the watery ecosystems bootproof (except
during construction), also deters hikers from taking alternative routes.
8-)