Re: [at-l] Cellular Telephones

> Forgive my curiosity,  and my slavish adherence to logic,  but do you ever
> talk on your cell phone while driving your car?  If the answer is yes,  then I
> suggest it is far more likely that someone will unnecessarily die BECAUSE of
> your cellphone than be saved from carrying one on the trail.

Although your question doesn't really relate to the issue, I will answer.Yes, I do
talk on my phone while driving.  I answer it, if it rings and if it
is a substantive conversation, I pull over.  I also talk to my husband, sitting
next to me, fiddle with the radio and occasionally eat while driving.
I can also walk and chew gum at the same time <VBG>.

I respect your feelings on how your cellular was an intrusion in your life.
For me, it has been a liberator.  It has alowed me to run our business
and another, without being chained to the office.  I can still hike almost
every morning and let the woods drain off my frustrations while covering
the businesses.  Given the choice of carrying a phone while hiking each
morning or not being able to hike each morning is no contest in my book.
If I need to or choose to remove myself from the outside world, I turn the
phone off....which is what I would do if I decide to 'pack' a phone while
backpacking.
I think it's such a hoot that the currant controversy as to "Are you 'packing'?"
does not refer to weapons but to a cellular phone <giggle&grin>  Kahley