Re: [at-l] NOC not hiker freindly this weekend

> Just got a call from a Thru Hiker that I am helping out. He wanted me to
>  post that the NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center) is turning away all thru
>  hikers this weekend because they are having a festaval (accourding to the
>  NOC web page it is the "Subaru Spring Splash").
>
>  According to the hiker, the NOC has turned away some 50 hikers so far!
>
>  IS THIS HIKER FREINDLY?
>
>  Dan "High Tech" Kohn
>  Posting at the request of Lary Sims who is on the trail.

This is not being unfriendly to hiker's. It is only that all the bunk's are
full. I have been there and have gone thru the samething. I was get ready to
go camp near by. They came out and said they had a cancelation and asked if I
still wanted the bunk.

NOC is full on must weekend in the spring and summer. There may not be any
room at the inn.

This looks like the thru-hiker has the: "I'm a thru-hiker, so stop what you
are doing, and take care of me attitude".

Sorry, the business along the AT are not just for the thru-hiker. Be thankful
when trail magic happens or when someone go's the extra mile to help.

Drop to attitude, enjoy the hike.

Wildbill
Three time At thru-hiker.