Re: [at-l] RE: grits

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Nyberg, Peter K wrote:

> > Milt wrote:
> > Just remember ... Polenta ain't Grits!
> >
> Well, I'm just going to have to expose my ignorance, and my thoroughly
> Yankee roots, by asking what exactly is (are?) grits.
>
> Peter

What's a grit? It's ground corn, but not ground as fine as corn meal.

Can be yellow or white. Coarse or fine.  Eat 'em hot with one of more the
following: butter, sugar, red-eye-gravy (now I suppose someone will want
to know about red-eye-gravy), salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, etc...

Great with fried catfish and dill pickles (but hey, that's me ;-)

-Milt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't
do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the
safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain-