Re[2]: [at-l] commentary & Book help

     I have a copy of that National Geographic with the AT article from
     February, 1987. It's a very will written article that even mentions
     WingFoot as one of the guys he met on the trail. Which hike was that
     for you WF? 1st, 3rd, 7th?? The pictures in that article were great
     and plentiful.

     Hawkeye

At 12:24 AM 4/6/98 EDT, Pitchfrk wrote:

>  On another note, one of the things that addicted me to the trail was a book
>my grandmother got for me. It was published (I think) by National Geographic
>Society. It had a ton of really great pictures and some great text.

Funny, the thing that first got me addicted to the trail was an issue of
National Geographic that was all about the trail and had some bits & pieces
about the "thruhiking phenonemon".  I was only 7 or 8 years old when my
Grandmother showed it to me and ever since then, I've been hooked.  (On the
AT and NG!).  I wish I still had that issue...

:) Pooh

---
Jennifer D. Sawyer
Boston University School of Law

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.