Re: [at-l] Hiking books

Bob and Faith Howell wrote:

> Pitchfork mentioned The 5 oz backpacker but he might be thinking of The 2
> oz backpacker by Robert S. Wood.  Great book along w/ others he has
> written.  Ck w/ Ten Speed Press for others.........BIGBOOT.../\*/\

This was the first "backpacking" book that I bought - and I learned a
few things from it.  But then I had to "unlearn" some of them.  Keep in
mind that the book was written by someone who hikes short distances on
West Coast trails. Not quite what you're looking for if you're gonna
thruhike the AT, but perfectly adequate if you like his style of hiking
and can adapt his techniques to East Coast trails.

Walk softly,
Jim