[at-l] Downed Trees

Amy Friends wrote:

> Yeah!  It was wonderful!
>
> Decided to drive down to Shenandoah
>
> My goodness!  I've seen such bad trail conditions!!  Blowdowns were
> *everywhere*,

See a common theme this season??? Practically the entire Eastern United
States received record snowfall this year. Every trail I've been on this
year, from the Smokies To Daniel Boon National Forest/ Red River Gorge,
Ky have been Horrific. It's almost as if only the trees near the trails
fell and all of the others stood (more exposure??). I mean there was
like 100 down trees per 6 miles. Don't say you weren't warned...you now
know what to expect on less travelled trails.