[at-l] Springer Mt.

Today was one of those days at work, coming out of the shoot I knew I
would be working overtime. I had to drive from Chattanooga to Jasper, GA.
Yes indeed children, I had to drive right by Springer Mt!!!! Actually,
within 20 miles of it. I must have made a wrong turn and ended up
.........Well, guess where I went.

As I made one of the last turns before getting to the entrance of
Amicolola Falls SP, I began to look for the falls. They were beautiful!
There were just enough leaves on to look like spring but not so many that
I couldn't see the falls from the highway. What a treat.

I met two couples who had just arrived today to start their through
hikes. One couple from N.H. the other from NY. The NY couple is afraid
their money will only last to PA but they will go however far they can.
The NH couple seemed right ready to go, boots and packs obviously used,
pack weight right at 35 pounds each. Both couples have dogs which were
very well behaved. I had as much fun playing with the dogs as I did
talking to the hikers.

I sure wish I was going with them, oh well, 2002 GA>ME.   Hopeful