Re: [at-l] where's the water?

At 1:19 PM -0800 3/27/98, david groff wrote:
>after knee surgery 1 yr ago (:-(
>I'm ready for the shady paths of the AT again
>
>Last time I was out - Worthington SP- things were really dry
>Does anyone know if the MT Holly spring, or the spring off sunfish pond
>drainage trail are running?
>
>I'd prefer to get water up top, rather than carry a load,
>but I don't want to run dry <:-|
>
>Thanks

New Jersey AT

Both Sunfish Pond and Garvey Springs were running well a few weeks ago.

Why not just get water from Sunfish Pond? That's where the ridgerunners'
get theirs.

If visiting the NJ AT visit: http://members.aol.com/visitnj

Also, instead of taking the AT to Sunfish pond, take the Dunnfield
Creek Trail up there. It's prettier and water all along the way and nice
and cool with the helmlocks overhead. You can come back down the AT.

Maps are available on the visitnj web site.

Tom 'hikenet' Caggiano