Re: [at-l] Running vs Hiking on the trail

In a message dated 3/25/98, 10:06:35 PM, jdowford@teclink.net writes:

<<I see one thing that binds us together:  all of us are willing to fight to
protect the wilderness.  We are undeniably joined in this effort.
Ultrarunners spend an inordinant amount of time doing trail maintenance and
writing senators;  backpackers and hikers do the same.>>

Very well said.  We don't have enjoy it in the same way, as long as we enjoy
it and strive to minimize our impact, running or walking.  I apologize for
expressing the thought that I couldn't understand why someone would want to
run it.  I was speaking from ignorance.  The responses from others have
broadened my view :)

The Redhead