Re: [at-l] Girls Are Better Than Boys

Hello Mary -

You said:

>...At least for scouting, after yesterday's California Supreme Court decision.
>
>Now, I understand that some folks involved with Boy Scouting don't feel these
>issues count--or simply ignore them....But frankly, this issue has me
>pretty >concerned...

I understand your concern...this legal battle (and the resulting campfire
debate <g>) goes to the heart of a number of today's important social
issues.

I agree with Ken, Tim and Carl that this discussion works a lot better when
everybody doesn't have to keep pretending that it has something to do with
hiking <g>.  I would like to offer to help set you (or anyone else on the
list!) up on some of the internet forums that are set up for just this kind
of debate...or to discuss it via private email if that would work out
better for you.

** Watch out ** if you join those forums and jump into this issue with that
bunch of enthusiastic debaters who LOVE to get fresh victims (pro or con,
it doesn't matter <VBG>).  The 3G's (God, girls, and gays) have been VERY
hot subjects for discussion (argument, cajoling, flaming, minor shootings,
etc.) for years.  The argument got so contentious in some forums that the
subject was either banned or new forums were split off just for this type
of debate.

Don't plan on it being a simple argument <g>.  There are lotsa issues
(legal, theological, moral/ethical, pedagogical, practical, etc.) that get
tangled up in the discussion...and emotion is guaranteed to run hot and
heavy!

Please don't stereotype all us Scouters into one narrow point of view.
Look at the diverse opinions among the relatively small number of AT-L'ers
in the "thru-runner" debate...imagine how hard it is to get a million or
more Scouters to agree on ANYTHING <VBG>.

>...I love those S'mores!

See...I just KNEW that this topic had something to do with camping!

Let me know if I can help.

- Charlie II