[at-l] recent posting on dogs

I too hike with my dog on the trail.  I'm happy to say he and I both are
very well trained for our romps in the woods - though romping is kept to a
minimum when we are both wearing packs.  I also have to say I agree whole
heartily with kahley7.  It's easy (for some) to smack a dog and walk away,
though I wouldn't recommend it.  It is the master who is at fault, and the
master who should be punished (verbally of course).

I guess it all comes back to ignorant people pooping on the trail, burning
up the campsites, and letting there dogs haphazardly roam.  A dog's
behavior almost exactly resembles the behavior of its master.  If you can't
get the dog to listen, it's unlikely the master will either.

what to do?

relam