[at-l] dogs on the trail

Hey folks,

Time for another lecture on dogs on the trail.  I was descending yesterday in
a rocky area at Weverton Cliffs and someone had let their dog run free with no
training.  The dog proceeded to jump on me several times as I was stepping
through some large rocks and almost knocked me over. He was as tall as me
standing up.  I have a sore muscle in my back which was extremely agitated by
this sudden jolt.  I was very close to creaming the poor thing with my stick
but then realized THAT HIS MASTERS WERE LETTING HIM DO THIS.

Needless to say I hiked away from the cliffs.  I really enjoy meeting dogs on
the trail, but please leave them home or leash them if they don't know how to
behave on the trail.

         choovers