Re: [at-l] Conquest asks about Footwear

Wild Bill wrote:
>No one but the runner are keeping any AT trail speed record. Who care's,
they
>are missing what the AT is all about. They may as well be on the highway's,
>running from GA to ME.

But aren't they just "hiking their own hike", although at a much faster
pace, and completing the trail in only 52 days, while not carrying a large
heavy pack?<g>

I wouldn't do it, but Mr Horton, Conquest et al are pushing the limits in
their own sport, doing it in their own manner - should we bust on them
because they don't do it our way? I wouldn't want to do it theirs, but if
they do, they must be getting something out of it that us "turtles" don't
understand - as we get something they don't, probably. Doesn't give either
of us a reason to look down on the other. We do have common ground in that
we enjoy our respective "sports" using the same resource, and hence, should
be allies, not enemies. No flame intended, Mr Hawkins - just preaching peace
and equality among those of us who enjoy the woods and the trails<g>. And
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for all the links and answers
you give us all - kudos to you.

Kurt