Re: [at-l] Flashlight Hat Trick

At 06:47 PM 3/21/98 -0800, Jim Mayer wrote:
>I know I need to go hiking, 'cause I'm feeling ridiculously proud of myself
>for figuring out a new gear trick....
>Anyway, I was playing with a little Maglite "Solitare" (single AAA
>flashlight) that I bought recently, and had a great idea for turning my hat
>into a headlamp.  I took a two inch piece of the two inch wide black
>elastic stuff that (I think) women use to make elastic waistbands for
>dresses and sewed it to the underside of my hat brim.  I left just a little
>slack in the strap.  Now I can tuck the flashlight under the elastic and,
>presto!, hands free light! ....

I like the idea. I wonder about similar trick with spots of Velcro. I suspect that my straw hat would fail with this idea as I tend to sweat and get the hat fairly limp by the end of a long summer day.

Bill Thorneloe
Atlanta, GA
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists * ==============================================================================