Re: [at-l] How to volunteer with Scouts

Another good place to get info on local troops is from local outfitters &
other locations that carry Boy Scout equipment (uniforms, books, etc.) They
usually have a good grasp of who to contact locally -- like scoutmasters --
incase you don't get the info you're looking for from the council.  And if
you're really having a tough time tring to find a local scout troop check
with your area schools and churches to see if they sponsor a scout troop.

I really hope its not this difficult for someone who wants to give of
themselves to find someplace to do so!

-chris
yet another eagle scout on this list
http://www.rit.edu/~cac6982/
christopher.casciano@prudential.com

>Kurt Russell wrote:
>>
>> Tim -
>>
>> Perhaps you or Charlie would do a quick post, for those who may be
>> interested in helping to educate Scouts, describing how to contact a
local
>> troop in order to volunteer some time to help the youngsters?
>
>Great idea Kurt.
>
>The first thing to do is simply look in your local phone book for the Boy
>Scouts of YOUR AREA Coucil offige. They are generally listed in the
Buisness