Re: [at-l] LNT and Scouts

Hey Charlie,
I'd be happy if you could get scouts to LNF (leave no fire). Over the
last couple of years alone, my brother (Chase) and I have put out a lot
of cook fires (including large piles of coals) left by scouts. It's
always large groups (10-15) staying in a shelter, they sign the register,
sweep the floor and walk away from potential disaster. We've contacted
the leadership (incl. the big guys here in Roanoke) and everybody's
surprised and real sorry, but the problem continues. I know most scout
troops know better (probably these guys did too) but I think a lot of
basics along with the LNT training is in order. I don't mean to bash the
scouts, they're an important organization and generally do a good job. I
bring this info here because you've got contacts I don't have, maybe a
mention of the problem to the right people will get the word out before
it's to late.

woodelf