Re: [at-l] Computer tip needed

>How can I delete the list of most current websites i have visited in
netscape?
>(i am not talking about "bookmarks" just the running most recent list
when you
>click on the little arrow next to the web address.  I can't relate this
to the
>trail (unless you count several of the ones I want to delete are trail
related
>sites?? :)) but I don't know who else to ask.

Find on your system a file called "prefs.js".  If you have Communicator
4.0, it's under "your user" folder (i.e. mine is under C:\program
files\netscape\users\coelura).  Open the file in notepad, then look for
lines that look like this:

user_pref("browser.url_history.URL_1", http://www.hotmail.com");
user_pref("browser.url_history.URL_2", http://trailplace.com");

And delete them (delete ONLY those lines!).  Make sure there are no
blank lines left between the stuff you'll find above those lines, and
the stuff you'll see below those lines.  Save the file and restart your
browser.

Coelura